Friday, July 10, 2015

Checkup with Surgeon

Last night, I got back from Denver.  I saw the surgeon, and everything is progressing well, except for my nerve/muscle pain.  I received another injection in my cheek muscles (this time with double the numbing medicine).  So far, it has not helped.

He told me that arch bars wreak havoc on teeth, and I can get them off July 24.  I will have had them for 7 weeks, so it is the perfect timing.  There are spikes on the arch bars that line my gums, and those are killing me!  A week before arch bar removal, I cannot wear any rubber bands at all so that my bite adjusts to its natural position.  The rubber bands make my bite totally even and helps relax my jaw, so it will be an adjustment to not have the bands on.  I am hoping my bite is relatively even!

I will be going under for my arch bar removal, and while I am under, the surgeon is going to fix my scar from my port.  It has a keyloid and it is wide and  ugly, so I am very excited to have a skinny scar on my chest.

I am still on pain killers, but gradually reducing the dosage.  Physical therapy is going well, and I am seeing them twice a week.  I get headaches after appointments, and my neck gets tight, but in the long run, I know it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment