Thursday, June 4, 2015

Surgery Successful

Surgery was successful! Dr. Aragon only had to operate on the right side.  He said this surgery was bound to happen, as when he took the joint out, it was very destroyed.  He believes this titanium join will do me very well.

I have the arch bars in, but I will not have my jaw banded until tomorrow (Friday).  I spent one night in the hospital, and I have been at a constant pain level of about 8/10.  The pain pump and Percocet have been mildly helping, but I have been suffering from intense itching.

I have been on a liquid diet, and will probably continue that for at least a few weeks.  I did have a little fat graft from my belly button to place around the prosthetic joint, so my stomach is a bit sore, but nothing comparable to my jaw area.  The swelling is definitely beginning.

After surgery
Arch bars-- Not yet banded 


No comments:

Post a Comment