Tuesday, June 23, 2015

I can't believe surgery was only 3 weeks ago! I still have facial paralysis (my right eyebrow does not move), but the doctor is hopeful movement will return in around 4-9 months.  Pain killers are still my best friend-- I have to take them around the clock to feel comfortable, so I am sleeping the days away.  Summer is not very exciting, but I have gotten out a few times.  It is weird not working and being productive, but it leaves time to study for neuroscience, hang with family, and hopefully get back to 100% (or at least my 100%).  I am experiencing extreme skin sensitivity, which is normal after they cut through all of those nerves and muscle, but it is so painful.  My physical therapists recommends lightly rubbing a tissue on the right side of my face, but even that drives me crazy.  All will take time to heal, but until then, I will persevere!


Here is a picture from my surgery day, just 3 weeks ago!


No comments:

Post a Comment